Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

Sign up for email updates from Bandera County Convention and Visitors Bureau

Skip Navigation LinksListings > History > First Methodist Church

First Methodist Church

Location(s): 
Category(s):
The original frame building was later replaced by a stone structure that has since been enlarged to its present architectural plan. Built by members under leadership of B.F. Langford, Sr. Gothic architecture. Hand-cut limestone, with oak timbers. Though enlarged and remodeled, retains original charm. Rev. John Devilbiss (who helped found first Protestant church in San Antonio) held services here 1861. Church organized 1867 by Rev. A.J. Potter; charter members included Rugh, Langford, Stevens Families. Daniel Rugh organized first Sunday school, April 18, 1869. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark, 1967.

Address
406 11th St., Bandera TX 78003
1 of 1

Areas

Bandera
Back to
Top
Tickets & Deals