Facebook Twitter Youtube Instagram

Sign up for email updates from Bandera County Convention and Visitors Bureau

Skip Navigation LinksListings > History > Schmidtke-Callahan House

Schmidtke-Callahan House

Location(s): 
Category(s):
This home was constructed in the 1870s by Georgia stonemason James Henry White for Charles F. Schmidtke (1839-1884). A native of Germany, Schmidtke was an early Bandera merchant, grist miller, and lumber mill operator. White's grandson J. Calvin Callahan (d. 1958), the owner of a feed store and poultry business, purchased the property in 1927. The limestone house, with influences of Greek Revival styling, remained in the Callahan family until the 1970s. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1981.

Address
285 Hwy 16 S., Bandera TX 78003
1 of 1

Areas

Bandera
Back to
Top
Tickets & Deals